Butter me up!
Prep Time: 40 min
1. In a small bowl, prepare your dry spices.
2. Slice 1 large onion and place aside.
3. Grate ginger and garlic and place aside.
4. Chop chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces.
5. Turn Instant Pot's Saute feature on "MORE". Place the butter, chopped onions, garlic, ginger, and all dry spices in the Instant Pot.
6. Saute for 5-7 minutes (or until onions become tender). Stir the bottom frequently to coat onions with spices while minimizing residue stuck at the bottom of the Instant Pot.
7. Turn off Instant Pot. Place chopped chicken thighs and canned tomato sauce.
8. Lock the lid into place and turn Instant Pot to Pressure Cook on HIGH for 7 minutes. (It is perfectly normal to get BURN warning). Once finished, turn Instant Pot off and perform a "Quick Release" to release the steam pressure.
9. Stir in heavy cream.
10. Turn Instant Pot to Saute "MORE" mode and simmer for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce.